Supercars, hypercars, motorcycles, and even econo boxes are regular sights at Nordschleife, but rarely do you see any heavy machinery racing around the track. That all changed when Auto Motor und Sport had pro racing driver Christian Menzel drive a Claas Xerion 5000 VC tractor around the track. It’s powered by 12.8-liter six-cylinder engine generatig over 500 horsepower and 1,918 pound-feet of torque. Read more for the video and additional information.
This 37,479-pound behemoth has a top speed of 31 mph, so you can imagine just how long it took for a single lap, despite setting a new world record. Just how long did it take? How about a cool 24 minutes and 50.57 seconds, even though it managed to hit 36 mph on a downhill section. For comparison, the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ managed to finish the lap in 6:44:97.
- LEGO builders learn advanced elements of engineering as they construct and play with this super-realistic app-controlled LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator replica, with authentic detailing and advanced app technology
- This high-tech construction toy is powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs with 7 motors and operated via the LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app, which delivers super-precise functionality for hours of immersive play
- Kids can choose from 4 control screens to drive, operate the boom and bucket, create movement sequences, play sound effects, complete fun challenges and get real-time feedback, such as power usage and drive distance
- This 4,108-piece LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 replica, with lots of true-to-life details and an authentic color scheme, makes an ideal Christmas or birthday gift for all aged 12+
- This awesome LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator model measures over 15 inches (39cm) high, 25 inches (65cm) long and 10 inches (27cm) wide, and can be combined with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play