Johani Mamid has filmed crocodiles in the past, but his most recent trip to the Crocodile Park in Broome, Western Australia almost ended up in disaster. While he’s a trained crocodile feeder, this reaction by one of the giant crocodiles was a surprise, as it leapt up to attack his drone. Fortunately, it was able to be flown away in time, just before the animal grabbed ahold of the drone, although plans may need to be changed in the future. Read more for the video and additional information.
One of the most dangerous parts of Mamid’s job is walking around the animal refuge to check the fencing, since the crocodiles will come out and try to attack them. So, his team goes in pairs and whenever one of these beasts comes near them, they just get whacked over the head with a bamboo stick. Sometimes, they grab on and then you’re surrounded by crocodiles.
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories.
- 【3-AXIS GIMBAL WITH 4K CAMERA】: a 12mp camera in the sky delivers content guaranteed to impress. along with 4k/30fps video and a 3-axis motorized gimbal, mini 2 ensures stunning image quality that is consistently smooth no matter how adventurous your piloting gets.
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- 【4X ZOOM】: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition. Operating Frequency 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz
We definitely do fear them because of the level of respect we have for them. They have the strongest bite force out of any animal in the world. Their teeth are designed to hold on and never let go,” said Johani Mamid.