France’s Mont Saint-Michel is an island located just a few hundred meters from land and is accessible by foot at low tide. In its early days, it remained unconquered during the Hundred Years’ War, as a small garrison fended off a full attack by the English in 1433. Louis XI then turned it into a prison and was used regularly as such during the Ancien Régime. Read more for a magical fly through of Mont Saint-Michel by Benoit Finck.
France is quite strict on drones, but as long as they’re registered properly and used only for leisure purposes, there shouldn’t be any issue. The only exceptions are that they may not be flown over people, airports / airfields, private property (unless with permission), military installations, prisons, nuclear power plants, historical monuments, or national parks.
- Up Your Game: The Mavic Air 2 camera drone takes power and portability to the next level. It combines a powerful camera with intelligent shooting modes for stunning results. Push your imagination to its limits because aerial photography has never been this easy.
- Next-Level Content: Capture impressive 48MP photos with a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor while the 3-axis gimbal provides 4K/60fps video. The secret to incredible HDR video is a high-performance Quad Bayer image sensor. OcuSync 2.0 has a video transmission distance of up to 6.2mi / 10 km and can also deliver 1080p FHD resolution livestream directly from the drone’s camera.
- Improved Flight: An impressive flight time of up to 34 minutes allows you to pull off epic, fast-paced shots. Obstacle sensing in three directions makes it extra convenient for beginners and improves safety for your Mavic Air 2.
- Intelligent Tracking: Mavic Air 2 features intuitive shooting functions that make aerial photography easier than ever. Spotlight 2.0 keeps the camera locked on a subject while you fly freely. ActiveTrack 3.0 keeps subjects centered. POI 3.0 tracks moving subjects like people and vehicles.
- App Compatibility: The DJI Fly app requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0, or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone (11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6), iPad Pro (9.7’’), iPad Air 2 (9.7’’), iPad mini 4 (8’’), iPad Pro (10.5’’), iPad Pro 2018 11’’, iPad Pro 12.9’’, Samsung Galaxy (S20, S10+, S10, S9+, S9, S8+, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note10+, Note9, Note8), Huawei (P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6, Sony Xpeial 1.
With its population of 33, surrounded by water, an over thousand year old history, Mont-Saint-Michel is truly one of the most unique and iconic French monuments. And I got to explore it like it’s never been explored before: cinematic FPV style! …Giving Mont-Saint-Michel a bit of an Inception vibe,” said the photogrpaher.