Many auto enthusiasts have seen the wild concepts that Ferrari unveils each year, but what about back in 1987? Meet the Ferrari 408 4RM, the automaker’s first vehicle to feature 4-wheel drive. Featuring an innovative hydraulic four-wheel-drive system developed by Ferrari, called “4RM”, that would later be used in the Ferrari FF. A total of two prototypes were built – the first one, chassis no. 70183, was painted in red and was fitted with an all-steel welded chassis and was built in June 1987, while the second, chassis no 78610, was painted yellow and had an aluminum frame bonded with adhesives. Read more for a video and additional information.
Both prototypes are powered by a rear and longitudinal mounted 4.0 L V8 generating 300 hp at 6,250 rpm and 275 lb⋅ft of torque. The model name is also linked to the characteristics of the engine, with the 40 in 408 standing for its 4.0 L displacement, and the 8 representing the number of cylinders. However, the abbreviation “4RM” stood for “4 Ruote Motrici”, which translates to four-wheel drive.
- This spectacular toy playset featuring a brilliantly detailed Ferrari F8 Tributo is an ideal gift for those with a passion for building LEGO replica model cars and using them to stage their own races
- Includes a building kit of a Ferrari F8 Tributo model and 1 collectible Ferrari racing driver minifigure
- The first ever opportunity to build a car toy replica of the super-fast Ferrari F8 Tributo, which kids can display home or use to have exciting races with their friends!
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari model car kit offers endless build-and-play racing fun and makes an action-packed holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kid ages 8+ who love Ferraris, model cars, racecars and racing toys
- The Ferrari F8 Tributo measures 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide: all 2020 LEGO Speed Champions are 25% bigger, meaning the toy model cars reflect the real-life versions better than ever before!