The LEGO Group announced today a partnership with Nintendo that blends the fantasy worlds Super Mario with the physical world. This new product line features an interactive LEGO Mario figure who collects coins in real-life game levels created with bricks. This means the iconic plumber Super Mario will be brought to life in the physical LEGO world, complete with new levels of challenge and styles of play. Read more for a video and additional information.
There’s no definitive date or price available just yet, but in the demonstration video above, we see a player using an interactive Mario figure to collect coins in a real-life game level that has been created with LEGO bricks.
- Play a nearly limitless number of side scrolling Super Mario courses anytime, anywhere
- Start with the 100+ built in courses in the single player Story Mode, a new Mario adventure that unleashes the creative potential of Super Mario Maker 2
- Break the rules as you use a wide range of parts, tools, and customization options to create the side scrolling Super Mario courses of your dreams alone or together by passing a Joy Con controller to a partner
- With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, power up the fun, even further in Course World as part of the vibrant Super Mario Maker 2 community: share your courses, access a near endless supply made by others, enjoy online multiplayer, and more
- Free software updates to Super Mario Maker 2 have added new features like a World Maker mode, letting players create their own world map. Also added are Link from the Legend of Zelda series as a playable character, new cars parts, and more
I have always liked LEGO products and how they help children use their imagination to play. The new product we created together with the LEGO Group seeks to combine two different styles of play – one where you freely build the world of Mario and the other where you play with Mario in the very world that you have created,” said Takashi Tezuka, Executive Officer and Game Producer of Nintendo Co., Ltd.