Ferrari continues to contribute countermeasures against COVID-19, and their latest effort is the FI5, an open-source ventilator. Designed in just five weeks, this easy to assemble ventilator optimizes oxygen consumption and can be made using easily available materials at a lower cost than currently available pulmonary ventilators. Read more for a video and additional information.
The “FI” represents the the initials of the Maranello marque and the research institute based in Genoa, while the number “5” indicates the number of weeks required to produce a fully functioning prototype, starting from scratch. Ferrari is already producing valves for pulmonary respirators and fittings for protective masks, as well as starting a “Back on Track” program to ensure the safety of the company’s working environment as things gradually get back to normal.
- Build, race and display the Ferrari F40 Competizione with a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, plus interchangeable car spoilers and hoods to turn the Competizione into the classic F40 road car!
- Includes a Ferrari racing driver minifigure with a helmet
- Ferrari F40 Competizione car toy measures over 1-inch (4cm) high, 5-inch (13cm) long and 1-inch (5cm) wide
- 198 pieces – Racing car toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F40 Competizione 75890 fast car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO building toys and LEGO bricks for creative building
The challenge of COVID-19 was one we wanted to take on. FI5 is the contribution we made as the Scuderia, fielding the very essence of what makes a Formula 1 team and more importantly, all the characteristics that make Ferrari special; its passion, its creativity and its desire to improve,” said Mattia Binotto, Managing Director Gestione Sportiva and Team Principal.