Google’s Apple AirDrop alternative, previously known as Fast Share, is now known as Nearby Sharing. XDA Developers managed to get their hands on a working APK and decided to show just how the service works. This feature is integrated directly into the Android 10 interface and users basically select the content, click on “share”, and then choose “contacts geographically close to you”. Read more for the video and additional information.
To have this option appear, both users must have set their status to visible. You then select the desired contact and the file is transferred once that user authorizes the transfer. For now, Google’s Nearby Sharing appears to be exclusive to Android 10 (and higher) and integrated inside the operating system rather than being just an overlay.
- Get more done with an extraordinary camera, fast-charging battery, and the helpful Google Assistant built in.
- Motion Auto Focus will make sure the people and pets in your shot stay sharp as you snap away.
- Let the Google Assistant help screen your calls, so you know who’s calling and why before you pick up.
- Gift card is also usable as a bookmark (6.5" x 2" x 0.1")
- Gift Card has no fees and no expiration date