Hyundai Motor has just revealed more details about its all-new Prophecy Concept EV. One of the craziest features is its steering mechanism because instead of a steering wheel mounted high on the dashboard in front of the driver, it’s controlled by dual joysticks located left and right from the driver: one on the center console with the other on the door trim. Read more for the video, additional pictures and information.
Combined with its spacious interior, this not only allows for a more comfortable seating position while driving, it also frees up more space on the dashboard for other features. Plus, 90 % of the vehicle’s functions can be controlled using the buttons on the joysticks, so the driver won’t need to take their hands off the joysticks to change the music. This ergonomic setup is officially called the “Intuitive Human Interface,” since it has the benefit of increasing passenger safety, while offering visual freedom.
- Powered by the sun: solar panel included in the construction kit powers the Mars rover and makes it move when in direct sunlight
- Everything you need: laser-cut wooden components, easy-to-follow instructions, solar panel, sandpaper, and learning guide with interesting facts about the Moon and outer space. No need for special tools
- Great 3D puzzle for kids and adults: This solar-powered Mars rover is fantastic for kids and adults with an interest in engineering, model-building, and space exploration
- Encourages critical thinking: 3D Mars rover model kit engages critical thinking skills in kids during construction
- Respected quality – providing children with the best educational STEM toys, this kit comes with National Geographic’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
The word ‘sensuous’ integrates the value of more emotion in our designs. ‘Sportiness’ implies dynamics, to be reactive of what’s happening around us. Sensuous Sportiness is not about a new language or philosophy. It’s about a new concept in the creation of our cars,” said Hyundai Motor Group’s Chief Design Officer Luc Donckerwolke.