A Twitch streamer who goes by “llogicoma” decided that Mario Kart 8 tracks would be fun if enjoyed with various aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator, so he made it a reality. This mod is still a work in progress, so you’ll see in the short playthrough that not everything is as it should be. How was this made? Models of the Mario Kart 8 tracks were downloaded and then a Blender addon, called Blender2MSFS, was used to turn them into 3D assets for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Read more for a video demonstration and additional information.
After the 3D assets were generated, the last step was to just place them in the game and fly around to experience the new tracks. Unfortunately, this mod has not yet been made public, as Nintendo would most likely request it to be taken down immediately, just like Metroid Prime 2D.
- Access your favorite entertainment through apps like YouTube, Netflix, and more
- Enjoy over 100 games right out of the box with a 1 month Xbox Game Pass trial
- Watch 4K Blu-ray movies and stream 4K video on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Microsoft Movies & TV, and more
- Play with friends and family near and far—sitting together on the sofa or around the world on Xbox Live, the fastest, most reliable gaming network
- Xbox 1 games and accessories work together