Yes, the DeLorean Motor Company is still selling used DMC-12 vehicles, and some examples command quite a hefty premium due to their condition. However, for those who just want a small replica to put on their desk, a lighter and lots of time is all you need. The acrylic casing of the lighter is used for the exterior, while the curved metal pieces are crafted into wheel wells. Read more for a video and additional information.
Yes, this miniature replica had to be cut in half for the installation of seats and the steering column, but one thing is for sure, no expense was spared when it come to details. With that said, to get started on making your own, you’ll just need an acrylic refillable lighter that is emptied out and some standard tools that can be picked up at a hobby shop.
- Head Back to the Future in the iconic, time-traveling DeLorean!
- Complete with working lights and the must-have flux capacitor, the DeLorean is ready to go once Dr. Emmett Brown arrives with the plutonium cores!
- Then the action begins as Marty McFly and the good doctor travel back in time, along with trusty old Einstein. The duo is sporting their 1985 outfits
- Set includes the DeLorean, Marty McFly, Dr. Emmett Brown, Einstein the dog, skateboard, flux capacitor, plutonium cores and case, and lots of other accessories
- Recommended for ages six years and up