Photo credit: GRIS Design
Based on the OP-1 portable synthesizer, the OP-S Concept smartphone by GRIS Design packs a miniature version of that into a pocket-sized device. Aside from its smartphone capabilities, it boasts a full keyboard, audio I/O with 32bit DAC, four integrated high-capacity surrounding microphones, front-facing speakers, and three cameras, perfect for a mobile recording session. Read more for additional pictures and information.
The OP-S features a slider phone design without any visible buttons on the touchscreen itself, while the part that is revealed contains the synthesizer keyboard. All of the controls appear on the touchscreen when the keyboard is slid out, enabling musicians to compose, sample, loop and produce audio tracks on the go. There are also two audio jacks for monitoring and audio output.
- Standalone Piano Style Keyboard – Portable mini keyboard and USB MIDI controller with 25 velocity-sensitive synthesizer action keys, pitch/mod joystick control, plus 128 sounds and 10 drum kits
- Play Anywhere – Built in speaker, 1/8-inch headphone output and battery powered specification (3 x AA batteries – not included) for performing and producing on the go
- Beat Maker Essential – Two banks of eight ultra-responsive backlit MIDI drum pads with Note Repeat and Full Level functions for drum machine style performance and music production
- Tweak, Customise – Two banks of four knobs (eight total) to tweak internal sounds or software parameters; in standalone mode control chorus, reverb, filter, EQ and envelope controls
- The MPC Production Experience - Includes MPC Beats Software complete with the finest features and essential production tools from the Akai Professional MPC Series