Do you have a classic Porsche vehicle all the way back to the 1960s and want to add a modern touch? Well, now you can, thanks to new Porsche Classic audio systems that include a touchscreen, navigation, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, and USB connectivity. One caveat: these new head units will not come cheap, as the single-DIN model retails at $1,560, while the double-DIN will set you back $1,740. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The single-DIN unit boasts a 3.5-inch touchscreen display, two knobs, six buttons, USB connectivity as well as Apple CarPlay, which means you also get Siri. It’s compatible with Porsche 911 models from the 1960s through the 993 generation as well as in front-engine Porsches, like 928, the 924, 944 and 968 – plus the 914. There’s also double-DIN units that can be installed on the 996-generation 911 and in the 986-series Boxster and Cayman. Sporting a 7-inch touchscreen as well as Android Auto.
- CARRIER - This phone is locked to Simple Mobile from Tracfone, which means this device can only be used on the Simple Mobile wireless network.
- PLANS - Simple Mobile offers a variety of coverage plans, including 30-Day Unlimited Talk, Text & Data. No activation fees, no credit checks, and no hassles on a nationwide lightning-fast network. For more information or plan options, please visit the Simple Mobile website.
- ACTIVATION - You’ll receive a Simple Mobile SIM kit with this iPhone. Follow the instructions to get service activated with the Simple Mobile plan of your choice.
- 6.1-inch Liquid Retina display (LCD)
- IP67 water and dust resistant (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes)
Porsche Classic is responsible for spare parts supply and factory restorations of all of the brand’s road-approved classic cars. This includes all aspects of care products and technical literature through to classic spare part supply and new editions of already discontinued spare parts,” said the company.