Before we dive into the build by none other than “The Hacksmith”, the term protosaber refers to an archaic lightsaber, or the the first known design of lightsabers. The main difference between the two is that the former’s hilt is connected via cable to an external power pack due to limitations in technology. Now for this build to work, he had to create a portable battery pack capable of powering the protosaber. Read more for the video and additional information.
As you might’ve guessed, he ran into several mishaps along the way, including the battery pack catching fire several times, but after replacing the protosaber’s blade with a thicker piece of tungsten, everything else went smoothly. While it may look dangerous, apparently just some safety glasses should do the trick, as The Hacksmith managed to demonstrate its capabilities without burning himself.
- Scream saber lightsaber with sound FX: featuring exciting electronic sound FX inspired by the Star Wars movies, boys and girls can imagine battling in epic lightsaber duels with the scream saber lightsaber roleplay toy
- 3 sound modes: kids ages 4 and up can pretend to battle with Star Wars lightsaber sound FX, iconic sounds like roaring tie fighters and screeching Porgs, or any fun sound They can imagine and record
- Lightsaber duels your way: “ah-choo!” “pew-pew!” “meow!” boys and girls will love recording different sound FX for their Star Wars scream saber lightsaber such as wacky screams, funny animal noises, and other irreverent sounds
- Look for other Star Wars role play items: fans can look out for more Star Wars role play items like light sabers and additional masks to create a Star Wars Galaxy (each sold separately. Subject to availability.)
- Skill level: intermediate