Sure, there are pricey portable emulation consoles, like the GPD Win 3, that can play PS2 games, but what about something more compact? Introducing the PS2MINIX. This custom-built game console uses an actual PlayStation 2 motherboard that has been trimmed and slimmed down to fit in a handheld case. Best of all, you don’t need to have game discs or use AV cables to connect to a display. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
Its creators used a 3D printer to create the shell, while the buttons are sourced from the PS Vita and Nintendo Switch. Other features include a 4.3-inch IPS 480p 16:9 display and the ability to connect PS2 / PS3 controllers wirelessly over Bluetooth. On a full charge, you can expect up to 2.5-hours of gameplay. Now how do games work on this machine? Simply install the ISO files of PS2 games onto its OPL operating system.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9 plus Hours of Battery Life Will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)