Samsung Galaxy users can now use their smartphone as a digital key for the first time with the Genesis GV60. This digital car key is powered by advanced ultra-wideband (UWB) technology, which is essentially a short-range, wireless communication protocol that utilizes radio waves to operate, similar to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. However, UWB transmits radio waves at a much higher frequency, allowing for highly accurate spatial awareness and directional capabilities that enable mobile devices to understand their surroundings better. Read more for a video and additional information.
This digital key grants passive entry, as you’ll be able to lock and unlock your car, start the engine, open the trunk as well as activate personalized settings, such as adjusting your seat or mirror position before you enter the car, using your smartphone. Best of all, even if you lend your car to a friend or family member, you’ll easily be able to share the digital key and even set an expiration. To keep things secure, Samsung’s embedded Secure Element (eSE) protects your most sensitive information and encryption keys, while UWB technology guards against potential relay attacks, where the radio signal is jammed or intercepted.
- Expansive Screen: See more and do more with the ultimate folding mobile phone screen that puts a super slim tablet right in your pocket
- Nearly Invisible Camera: Take in an incredible uninterrupted view with a true edge-to-edge viewing experience thanks to our first-ever Under Display Camera
- 120Hz AMOLED 2X Screen: Everything looks brilliant on this big, beautiful, clear display, offering a mesmerizing and dynamic viewing experience
- Multiple Windows Get More Done: Start working smarter not harder with three multi-windows that allow you to schedule, edit, and build presentations in a snap — or take notes with the S Pen*
- Hyper Fast Speed: Live life in the fast lane with built-in 5G connectivity and hyper-fast processing power
We are proud to partner with Genesis as part of our mission to create exciting new mobile experiences that can make people’s everyday lives easier. As we continue to drive advancements in mobile technology like UWB, our priority is now to bring these new experiences to as many people as possible, in collaboration with our trusted ecosystem partners,” said TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.