Its predecessor may not have been the most popular foldable smartphone, but Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 2 aims to change that with a few enhanced refinements. Simply put, it combines the portability and flexibility of a smartphone, but adds the power and screen size of a tablet for ultimate productivity. It comes equipped with two edge-to-edge, nearly bezel-less Infinity-O Displays. the Cover Screen measures 6.2-inches and the massive Main Screen clocks in at 7.6-inches. Read more for a video and additional information.
For comparison, the original Z Fold has a 4.6-inch Cover Screen, compared to the 6.2-inch (2260×816) OLED display with a 25:9 aspect ratio on its successor. The main display is 7.6-inches (2208×1768) at a 5:4 aspect ratio and 120Hz. Other features include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus processor, 12GB of RAM, 256GB of internal storage, wireless charging, and a 4500mAh battery. Pre-orders start on September 1st, with pricing yet to be announced.
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat
- Single Take AI: Capture video and multiple types of images with one tap of the shutter button; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Hi-Res Camera Zoom: Capture hi-res images as if you’re 3 feet away, from 100 feet away; Whether you want to zoom in close from afar or magnify details nearby, the new 30x Space Zoom gives you impressive power and clarity
- Bright Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video in Bright Night mode and create high-quality content in low light – no flash needed
- Super Fast Charging: Charge up quicker with Super Fast Charge so you can keep moving with more juice; Give your buds – or Galaxy buds – a boost of power with Wireless PowerShare right from Galaxy S20 5G
With its sleek design and refined engineering, Galaxy Z Fold 2 comes in two equally stunning colors: Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze. For users who seek a unique premium design, Samsung is again partnering with iconic New York fashion house Thom Browne to deliver a limited Galaxy Z Fold 2 Thom Browne Edition. With Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung will continue to inspire all new possibilities for the entire foldable category,” said the company.