Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
You can rest assured that Samsung is already hard at work on their upcoming Galaxy S21 smartphone, and this next-generation model just might have a new type of display. The company filed a trademark on October 16, 2020 with the KIPO (Korean Intellectual Property Office) for the name Blade Bezel. The description lists this as a large screen display, smartphone display, LCD, LED, OLED, digital camera display, video screen. Read more for the patent filing, additional pictures and information.
There’s no information on what a Blade Bezel could be, though it can be used to describe the flat side of a knife. This leads to the possibility of a future smartphone with a straight-shaped frame to give it a more refined look. Samsung traditionally holds two Unpacked events annually, with one being in February and another during the month of August. So, we may have to wait a few more months to see if this patent is actually used on a future device.
- Pro-Grade Camera: The new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE mobile phone features high-powered pro lenses for beautiful portraits, stunning landscapes and crisp close-ups in any light with its 3X optical zoom
- 30X Space Zoom: Whether you want your cellphone to zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby, 30X Space Zoom gives you the power to get closer
- Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video with Night Mode and create high-quality content in low light — no flash required with this smartphone
- Single-Take AI: One tap of the screen captures multiple images and video all at once; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; More sharing, more gaming, more experiences and never miss a beat