Photo credit: WeWantMore
The designers at WeWantMore Studios realize that even as things start to reopen, a new normal needs to be defined. Nobody really knows what this entails, but it will most certainly include social distancing, mandatory face masks and contact tracing in the foreseeable future. So, they took this chance to take things apart, reinvent them and make them relevant again within the new normal, both figuratively, as well as literally. Read more to see a few additional examples.
Sure, these sneaker masks may not offer full protection, butt hey were designed to showcase the ability of humans to adapt, while also putting a creative twist on something as mundane as a face mask.
- THE ULTIMATE BASKETBALL ARCADE GAME: From the pioneers that created the original Pop-A-Shot basketball game comes the completely redesigned Home Dual Shot with revolutionary technology and multiple game options.
- 16 INDIVIDUAL GAMES: Featuring 16 different games--the most of any arcade basketball game--and six audio options, the Home Dual Shot provides interactive game play for hours.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made from sturdy 1½" steel tubes with a powder coating to eliminate rusting and chipping and a thick nylon ramp, the Home Dual Shot will last for years.
- INCREDIBLY ACCURATE: Using proprietary infrared sensors and revised placements, the Home Dual Shot scoring system is nearly 100% accurate. A large, three-digit scoreboard and audio jack to power external speakers enhance game play.
- SET UP OPTIONS: Game fits below 7-foot ceilings and extenders can increase height in 6" increments. Can be powered with AC Adapter or batteries.
This lockdown period didn’t just trigger us to rethink the function of a sneaker, it made us work differently too. We traded in our computer and design software for scissors, needle and thread, which was quite an uncommon switch, since we are used to working digitally. But the act of creating something by hand turned out to be an amusing alternative to clicking a trackpad for once,” said the designers.