TCL’s new Fold ‘n Roll concept aims to bridge the gap between smartphone and tablet with a unique design that folds right down the middle. It features an outward-folding wraparound display that forms a 6.87 inch panel covering most of the front of the phone when folded. When users flip the screen open, you get an 8.85 inch smartphone / tablet hybrid that is great for games, productivity, streaming, and more. Read more for a video and additional information.
The Fold ‘n Roll has stereo speakers at the bottom, a USB-C port, stylus, and a triple camera array that can be used as both the front / rear cameras depending on the configuration. Unfortunately, TCL did not reveal a price of launch date for the device, but the company does plan on releasing their first foldable device later this year.
- 6.47” FHD + curved AMOLED display. Watch your screen brought to life with NXTVISION display technology. The stunning dual-sided 3D glass design adds to the majestic display quality.
- Quad rear cameras with dual LED flash: 64MP (ultra high-res) with hybrid auto focus + 2MP 2.9μm super low light video + 16MP (123° super wide-angle) + 5MP (macro). 24MP front-facing selfie camera.
- Up to 128GB of internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card (sold separately).
- Compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile. This device is also certified for use on Verizon’s LTE network. If your device is not receiving messages or experiences an error when making phone calls on Verizon, your account may need to be provisioned to support “CDMA-less” devices. To do this, please contact Verizon’s technical support team or your account’s business representative for assistance. This device is not compatible with CDMA networks.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675, Octa-core processor, and 6GB of RAM for a smooth performance.