In Arthur C. Clarke’s Space Odyssey, the strange monoliths are actually machines built by an unseen extraterrestrial species. Three of them are discovered in the solar system by hominids and humans, with the response of the characters to their discovery driving the plot of the series. Recently, a strange 12-foot monolith was discovered in a remote area of Utah, which prompted internet users to compare it to 2001: A Space Odyssey. Read more for a video and the exact coordinates of this strange structure should you be brave enough to go exploring in the area.
Even though nobody is really sure where it came from as of now, whether an art installation or something out of this world, officials are calling for its removal. That’s right, they claim “it is illegal to install structures or art without authorization on federally managed public lands, no matter what planet you’re from”. Check it out here.
- Superior optics: The Celestron 70mm Travel Scope features high-quality, fully-coated glass optics, a potent 70mm objective lens, a lightweight frame, and a custom backpack to carry it all. Its quality is unmatched in its class and against competitors.
- Powerful eyepieces for up-close viewing: Our telescope for astronomy beginners is equipped with two high-quality eyepieces (20mm and 10mm) that provide low- and high-power views of celestial objects at night and terrestrial objects during the day.
- Large 70mm objective lens: Our refractor telescope is equipped with a large 70mm aperture objective lens that provides enhanced, brighter views compared to the 50mm model while adding very little additional weight. Setting up and using the Travel Scope is quick and easy.
- Bonus bag, tripod, and software: This Celestron telescope and full-height tripod can be taken anywhere in the included travel backpack. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- Unbeatable warranty and customer support: Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
The exact location of the installation is not being disclosed since it is in a very remote area and if individuals were to attempt to visit the area, there is a significant possibility they may become stranded and require rescue,” according to a Utah Department of Public Safety press release.