On paper, Toyota says that the 2021 Supra’s turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six cylinder engine generates 382 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque at the crank, but Car & Driver found out that it’s making a lot more after putting it on a dyno. How much more? Well, they discovered that a bone stock example made 388 horsepower and 421 pound-feet of torque at the wheels, or over 400 horsepower at the crank. Read more for a video and additional information.
The machine they used for this test is called a dynamometer, which is designed to measure engine torque. Once the torque is determined, you can then calculate the horsepower. The particular Dynojet model they used measures power at the wheels rather than at the engine’s flywheel. For comparison, the less powerful 2020 Supra is capable of hitting 60 mph in a mere 3.7-seconds and complete the quarter-mile in 12.2 seconds at 113 mph. So, you can safely say that the 2021 model smashes those numbers.
- Build, race and display the Ferrari F40 Competizione with a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, plus interchangeable car spoilers and hoods to turn the Competizione into the classic F40 road car!
- Includes a Ferrari racing driver minifigure with a helmet
- Ferrari F40 Competizione car toy measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
- 198 pieces – Racing car toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F40 Competizione 75890 fast car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO building toys and LEGO bricks for creative building