The Audi Grandsphere Concept was unveiled today at the Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) 2021 show in Frankfurt, and it’s touted as a “private jet for the road”. This all-electric 2+2 sedan features Level 4 autonomy, which means that it’s capable of driving fully autonomously, without any human input since it’s programmed to stop itself in the event of system failure. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Measuring over 17-feet-long, you’ll find first class-style seats and rather than touchscreens, the various interfaces are projected directly onto the wood veneer throughout the cabin. Passengers will be able to interact with these interfaces either with physical controls, a virtual reality headseat, or through gaze tracking. In case of emergency, there’s a functional steering wheel stored behind the dashboard. Very little technical information was shared, but we do know that it boasts 120 kWh of battery energy and a total output of 530 kW and 960 Nm from the two electric motors located in the axles.
- Escape from the everyday with this thrilling building project. The LEGO Porsche 911 (10295) model car building kit is the perfect set for adults looking for their next hands-on project
- Explore all the Porsche 911 features including the rear-mounted, air-cooled flat-six engine, working steering, gearshift, emergency brake and tilting seats
- Which will you choose to build? The Turbo model with its turbocharged engine or the Targa with a removable roof that can be stored under the hood
- The Porsche 911 Turbo model car features a wide rear axle, an integrated spoiler, plus a turbocharged engine complete with intercooler
- The Porsche 911 Targa model car includes a removable roof that fits in the hood plus the iconic Targa bar with rear glass behind the driver
The Audi grandsphere concept illustrates the brand’s claim that it defines the progressive luxury of the future: for Audi, that includes the option of new high-class experiences, enabled by digitalization, as well as a holistic approach to greater sustainability with the goal of carbon neutrality in the future,” said the company.