Photo credit: Westen GW
Swapping a Cummins diesel engine into a Ford Mustang GT500 body may sound straightforward, but auto enthusiast Westen Champlin ran into plenty of issues. They ranged from fuel problems to leaking injectors, but after lots of elbow grease, everything came together. Now, this turbocharged beast is capable of running on high boost and looks cool doing so. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Unlike a traditional Mustang, this Cummins diesel engine has an exhaust that exits directly from the engine bay and all the wiring had to be redone. As of now, there’s no way to reinstall the factory hood, but with some modifications, we imagine a custom version fitting like a glove. On a related note, did you know that the most popular Cummins engine may be the 5.9-liter in-line six-cylinder engine used in the Dodge Ram light duty pickups?
- Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang GT, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, 5-spoke rims with rugged tires, detailed interior, V8 engine and customization add-ons!
- Customize this “American muscle car model” with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank
- Measures over 3-inch (10cm) high, 13-inch (34cm) long and 5-inch (14cm) wide
- 1471 pieces – For boys and girls aged 16+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Creator Expert Ford Mustang 10265 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
- Designed for Lego 10265,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Creator Ford Mustang from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.