Photo credit: EarthCam via Peta Pixel
EarthCam’s new GigapixelCam X80 is now the highest resolution, outdoor panoramic webcam yet. It captures images with a resolution 700 percent higher than the company’s previous maximum resolution webcam, thanks to a 360° ultra-precise, military-grade pan/tilt/zoom base as well as fast, responsive control over IP, 4G LTE, or now 5G networks. This means that this single camera can capture more ground than dozens of fixed cameras. Read more for a video and additional information.
Using Sony’s 61 megapixel sensor as the core image capture device, the GigapixelCam X80 photographs thousands of extreme close-up images and then stitches them together into one unified panoramic image over 80 gigapixels in size. When you digitally zoom in to examine the picture detail, the resolution is ultra high, reminiscent of something you’d see in a crime show, without the normal pixelation, making it perfect for time-lapses.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1” Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus and Real Time Eye Autofocus and Real-time Autofocus tracking.
- Side flip-out 3.0” LCD screen that also tilts up and down for easier to compose selfie shots
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product Showcase Setting transitions focus from face to object
Sony Electronics Inc. is pleased to work with EarthCam to realize this milestone achievement for the industry. Our ultra-high resolution Alpha α7R IV mirrorless camera combines an unprecedented level of detail and resolution with high reliability, giving EarthCam the ability to capture incredible 80 gigapixel panoramas that have never been possible before, said Yang Cheng, Vice President, Imaging Solutions, Sony Electronics Inc..