Yes, this 1952 Ferrari V12 ‘Arno XI’ is real and not a fan creation. It was inspired by Achille Castoldi in the early 1950s and built by the Cantiere Timossi boatyard, located in Azzano on Lake Como, Italy. This watercraft is powered by a 4.5L V12 engine producing 385 hp, the same one Ferrari used for their 1951 Grand Prix victory in the 375 F1, installed on a Timossi three-point racing hydroplane hull. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
For those who have $12-million and want a unique piece of history, this is your chance. Castoldi did manage to further increase horsepower by adding two superchargers and it boosted output to 502 hp, which was good enough to hit a top speed of 150.19 mph in October 1953 on Lake Iseo. More information here.
- This spectacular toy playset featuring a brilliantly detailed Ferrari F8 Tributo is an ideal gift for those with a passion for building LEGO replica model cars and using them to stage their own races
- Includes a building kit of a Ferrari F8 Tributo model and 1 collectible Ferrari racing driver minifigure
- The first ever opportunity to build a car toy replica of the super-fast Ferrari F8 Tributo, which kids can display home or use to have exciting races with their friends!
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari model car kit offers endless build-and-play racing fun and makes an action-packed holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kid ages 8+ who love Ferraris, model cars, racecars and racing toys
- The Ferrari F8 Tributo measures 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide: all 2020 LEGO Speed Champions are 25% bigger, meaning the toy model cars reflect the real-life versions better than ever before!
Now, this Ferrari is for sale and looking for a new owner. It comes with a well-documented history file that includes hundreds of period photographs and handwritten notes from Ferrari’s engineers. The boat is currently being certified at Ferrari Classiche, and a copy of the U.I.M. record certification that attests to Achille Castoldi’s 1953 speed record is included as well. It is the ultimate Ferrari for the ultimate Ferrari collector,” said the listing.