It’s true, the 1958 Ford Nucleon was supposed to be a nuclear-powered car, which quite surprisingly, is just one of a handful of such designs during the 1950s and 60s. That’s right, there would have been no internal-combustion engine, but instead a small nuclear reactor in the rear of the vehicle, based on the assumption that this would one day be possible by reducing its size. Read more for a video and additional information.
The Ford Nucleon would have been equipped with a steam engine powered by uranium fission, similar to those found in nuclear submarines. You can actually view a mock-up of the car in-person at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. Nuclear technology was relatively new at the time, and it was thought that nuclear fission technology could eventually be made compact and affordable enough to become a primary energy source in the US. There would be numerous full service recharging stations nationwide and it would take around 5000-miles before the reactor would need to be exchanged for a new one.
- Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang GT, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, 5-spoke rims with rugged tires, detailed interior, V8 engine and customization add-ons!
- Customize this “American muscle car model” with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank
- Measures over 3-inch (10cm) high, 13-inch (34cm) long and 5-inch (14cm) wide
- 1471 pieces – For boys and girls aged 16+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Creator Expert Ford Mustang 10265 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
- Designed for Lego 10265,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Creator Ford Mustang from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.