The life-sized mech at the Gundam Factory Yokohama complex is now complete, and it’s finally opening on December 19th to the public after several delays due to the pandemic. Not just a static robot, it has 20 moving parts as well as 34 points of articulation and guests can climb observation decks on the Gundam-Dock Tower to have up-close views of the massive robot. Every 30-minutes, the statue will move and take on different poses. When dusk hits, the eyes even light up. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Aside from the robot, the Gundam-Lab exhibition facility features a virtual reality dome that simulates sitting inside the cockpit of the 25-ton mobile suit. When it opens, the admission will cost $15.79 for guests 13 or older and $10.53 for children between the ages of 7-12. However, there is an extra fee of $31.59 to enter the observation decks. Gundam Factory Yokohama was previously slated to open in October, and will stay open until March 31, 2022.
- Celebrating the 40th anniversary of GunPla, is the arrival of the HG Gundam RX-78-02 (The Origin Ver
- Featuring the latest injection molding techniques, the Gundam contains swappable parts to create either the Early or Mid timeline version of the RX-78-02 as it makes its journey during the One Year War
- Early form features shoulder Magnum, Vulcan gun on chest, asymmetrical forearm mounted gatling gun, and rear mounted cannon while Mid form features symmetrical parts all through the body for its iconic appearance
- Includes Early and Mid beam rifles, Hyper Bazooka, and Beam sabers
- Product bears official Bluefin logo
— NHKニュース (@nhk_news) November 30, 2020