Mattel has just unveiled a limited edition 1:10 scale, remote-controlled Tesla Cybertruck that comes complete with working headlights / taillights, all-wheel drive with two modes, and a removable plastic body for easy access to all the internals (battery, drivetrain, etc.). Yes, your eyes aren’t playing tricks, it also comes bundled with a reusable cracked window vinyl sticker so you can relive Elon Musk’s presentation right from home. Read more for a hands-on look video and additional information.
The 1:10 scale version boasts a 9.9V, 3,300mAh, rechargeable battery and can be pre-ordered for $400, with an expected ship date of December 15, 2020. Mattel will also be releasing a tiny $20 1:64 scale version that fits right onto existing Hot Wheels tracks, and is radio-controlled. It features two-wheel drive with a Chill mode as well as a Sport mode, and can be recharged directly from its controller.
- Hot Wheels id takes vehicle play to a new level of pulse-pounding excitement, offering a first-of-its kind mixed-play experience.
- Track speed and count laps with your classic Hot Wheels track and the Hot Wheels Race Portal. With every milestone conquered, kids' racing prowess is boosted.
- Build a virtual garage of outrageous vehicles -like this Tesla Model S-to race, jump, crash and compete. Unlock performance boosts, races and rad rewards.
- Race cars in insane digital races, unlock rewards and level up with the free mobile app. NFC-enabled device or Hot Wheels Race Portal (sold separately) required to scan in cars.
- Take it to the next level and use with the Hot Wheels id Smart Track (sold separately).