Xiaomi officially launched Mi Mix fold, its first foldable smartphone, at their Spring 2021 event. It comes equipped with a large 8.01” WQHD+ resolution flexible internal display and a 6.52” external display, the largest foldable display on any smartphone to date, complete with its own Surge C1 Image Signal Processor optimized for professional photography. However, the coolest feature is its Liquid Lens. Read more for two videos, including the launch and a hands-on.
The Liquid Lens allows for 3X optical zoom, up to 30X telephoto, and a minimum focus distance of 3cm. Since one lens virtually covers functions of two lenses you’ll be able to shoot micro-details up close, and gaze at scenery from a distance, while also offering high light transmittance, ultra-low dispersion as well as excellent resistance to extreme environments. Other features include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM + 512GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage, quad speaker 3D panoramic sound system with Sound by Harmon Kardon and a 5,020mAh double-cell design battery.
- Refined 2-in-1 Design: A new, revolutionary mobile experience with on-demand expansive viewing, seamless interactivity, and cinematic infinity displays; Folded, it’s a cell phone – unfolded, it’s a tablet
- Adaptive Flex Mode: Capture hands-free photos and videos from any angle, and control Android apps by using both halves of the large display; Preview on one half and video chat, record, browse, edit, and more on the other screen
- Productivity & Play: The latest Galaxy cellphone brings seamless integration of hardware and software, so you can multitask while using multiple apps; Enjoy wireless DeX productivity, which allows you to use a monitor or TV as a second to display for gaming, working, and more
- Power Packed: Advanced processor and impressive 12GB RAM give you fast and powerful performance for fluid multitasking and gaming with little lag — and 256GB internal storage gives your cellular phone the space to hold it all
- 5G Connectivity: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Galaxy Z Fold 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat
Mi MIX FOLD is offered in a Standard and Ceramic Special Edition. The standard version uses the fifth-generation Corning Gorilla Glass back cover with ceramic texture. The ceramic edition features a gold middle frame and volume buttons, as well as a black ceramic back with special laser engraving. In order to efficiently use the area of its folding body, Mi MIX FOLD adopts a butterfly-type cooling system, which integrates large-area VC liquid cooling, thermal gel, multilayer graphite sheets and other heat dissipation methods,” according to Xiaomi.