Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan is set to open Fall 2020, and new footage has surfaced showing that construction is almost complete. Simply put, it looks like a video game come to life, with two attractions confirmed so far, a Yoshi-themed ride and then an indoor Mario Kart dark ride of sorts. Read more for a video and additional information.
The grand opening was initially planned for completion in time for the 2020 Summer Olympics, before that was delayed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan. Fortunately, it was all worth the wait, as no detail was spared, and the land includes spinning turtle shells, coin boxes, Bowser’s castle, as well as plenty of trees. So far, Universal has confirmed that a Super Nintendo World themed area is coming to the Epic Universe park for Universal Orlando Resort.
- Fans can begin exploring the fun-packed LEGO Super Mario universe with this Adventures with Mario Starter Course 71360, featuring 7 action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario figure
- LEGO Mario has a color sensor, plus LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and belly to display over 100 different instant reactions to movement; Also included is a speaker that plays iconic sounds and music from the video game
- In this super toy playset, LEGO Mario collects virtual coins as he runs and jumps from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via LEGO bricks, cloud platforms, the Question Mark Block and clashes with the Goomba figure and Bowser Jr
- This 231-piece, collectible LEGO toy playset makes a cool birthday or holiday gift for kids aged 6+ who can build and play their own way and learn to solve problems while having lots of creative fun
- Rearrange the Starter Course and combine with LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets to create more challenging levels and games to play with and against friends