It’s official, Super Nintendo World will be opening in Spring 2021 at Universal Studios Japan ahead of the Tokyo Olympic Summer Games. So far, we know that there is going to be a cafe (Schwab’s Pharmacy) area with highly themed food and drinks as well as a merchandise store (The Darkroom) with exclusive items you can only find at USJ. All of the exterior facades have been decorated with things you’ve probably seen in the video game series. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Inside Schawb’s Pharmacy, you’ll find painted tiles, mushroom chairs, and most importantly, character-themed food items, like Mario Strawberry Cream Soda as well as Mario’s Hat Pancake Sandwich, which is a strawberry shortcake-like treat. Step inside The Darkroom, and you’re greeted with lots of Super Nintendo World exclusive merchandise, including hats, shirts, and collectibles.
- Fans can begin exploring the fun-packed LEGO Super Mario universe with this Adventures with Mario Starter Course 71360, featuring 7 action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario figure
- LEGO Mario has a color sensor, plus LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and belly to display over 100 different instant reactions to movement; Also included is a speaker that plays iconic sounds and music from the video game
- In this super toy playset, LEGO Mario collects virtual coins as he runs and jumps from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via LEGO bricks, cloud platforms, the Question Mark Block and clashes with the Goomba figure and Bowser Jr
- This 231-piece, collectible LEGO toy playset makes a cool birthday or holiday gift for kids aged 6+ who can build and play their own way and learn to solve problems while having lots of creative fun
- Rearrange the Starter Course and combine with LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets to create more challenging levels and games to play with and against friends